Monday, March 24, 2014

recharge with friendship

Hey friends! Talk about a cheesy blog post title, right?

Well, I missed my last Monday's blog because I have just had back to back friendship times y'all, and it has been GRAND.

It can be so easy, especially with technology, to drift away and for friendships to sort of weaken and disintegrate over time. That's why I'm a huge believer in going out and seeing my friends. Sure, it takes a little more effort. Often times you have to spend a little bit of money. But, truthfully, I think the relationships we build with the people around us have such an affect on our lives that we need to put as much into them as we want to get out.

So! To recap:

About two weeks ago my darling friend Nellsyn came to sunny Los Angeles from dreary Chicago, and I got to eat dinner with her and we were surprised with $2.50 margaritas! That's right, folks, if you come and visit me I will take you on a Monday to a Mexican food restaurant within WALKING distance and we will drink up and celebrate what it means to be broke and have access to cheap margaritas! I am living the life here.

The next week my lovely Aunt Di flew to Southern California specifically to see me and to eat Rosa's in California! (She might say the actual point of the trip was to see her son and daughter-in-law, but we all know that was just a small benefit to the Rosa's and the me)

Image

 

There is one Rosa's in all of California, it's in Temecula and if anyone ever wants to go I will gladly drive the hour and half to get me some of that queso.


I also want to talk about how I texted my aunt to ask for this Rosa's picture and she also included this little gem:


Imagebecause she thought it was funny. And come on, that shiz is hilarious.


Image


Forever grateful this pretty lady let me live with her for five months last year.


A few days after my drive to Temecula and my Rosa's binge, my sweet friend Meaghan came to visit! She just finished all the really strenuous and not-at-all fun sounding requirements to become an American Airlines flight attendant, and I'm so glad I got to see her! We walked all around the area I live on Monday (and I got a gloriously embarrassing sunburn people won't stop commenting on), Tuesday we went to the beach and she came to work with me, and Wednesday we went to Universal Studios! It was great!
ImageImageImageI had to include the last picture because I just have no idea what is going on with my face. It seemed worth sharing, though.


My last couple of weeks have been great! I loved getting to see people and exploring a bit more! Also, great news, I'm going home in a little over two weeks! It's just for a little visit, but I'm extremely excited. I miss my parents and my dogs and Texas and queso, not necessarily in that order.


Spend time with your friends! Go make new ones! Experience the world around you. It's good for you. I promise.

3 comments:

  1. The "what's going on with my face" pic is gorgeous. And, I believe we are due for another cup of coffee :) Have fun at home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! And yes please to the coffee! We could meet somewhere more in the middle so you don't have to make such a long trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog Shel, super that some friends and of course your aunt Di came for a visit. sounds like you are living the life so stay safe and happy in California ! love you,

    ReplyDelete