Thursday, November 7, 2013

the noho hobo

The hobo is me, in case you were wondering. I'm not making fun of an actual hobo.

So far I have applied at six different places, three of which are currently hiring. I haven't heard back from any, and thankfully am only experiencing some light heart palpitations. I really don't enjoy being unemployed and not knowing how long it will take for me to become employed. On Monday if I haven't heard anything I'm just going to walk down the streets where I live and apply at every place I pass. Seeing as this will likely take the majority of the day, I'll feel extra hobo-ish on Monday. So I'm really looking forward to that.

All in all, my time so far in LA has been really great. I finished the majority of my unpacking on Monday and Tuesday, all that there is left is to finish hanging all of my decorations up. I also decided that I'm not doing this big of a move again. Either I won't ever move again, I'll sell all my stuff, I'll make some super buff friends, or I'll be extra rich, but I really don't want to be in this situation again. Let's be real, moving is exhausting.

This first week has been a good one because I've had something planned just about every day of the week, so I haven't had too much time to just sit in my apartment waiting to hear back about jobs. Tuesday I went to a bible study and met some other girls who are currently working in the industry. Wednesday I had coffee with a lovely lady who's been living out here for a few years and shared some of her Hollywood wisdom with me. That was also the day I was stopped in the street and asked if I wanted to participate in the filming of a new MTV reality show. And today was the day that my alma mater was just wonderful and awesome! My roommate and I went to a watch party in Hollywood and met some other Baylor alums and really enjoyed watching the game. The new uniforms are snazzy, y'all. I really like them. We also got lunch with a friend from BUT (Baylor University Theatre) and got to catch up with her.

I'm really satisfied with my time here so far. Granted, I'll have been here a week tomorrow, but I'm still grateful that I've had a good transition time and things are running smoothly with me. Hopefully soon I'll get a job and won't have to feel like such a hobo. Till then I'll keep having coffee with friends and soaking up what it means to be living here. It's an exciting time.

1 comment:

  1. finally got to your blog and am one happy grandpaw. its great to see you have a dream and follow your dream. as long as you "try" you will always be successful, those who dream and never do anthing to fullfill their goals will never experience the joys of searching and finding themselves. you go granddaughter !!!

    ReplyDelete